Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's Quiet.... Too Quiet.

Well today is the day we've all been waiting for.... the day we get our treadmill! Anthony and I are both excited.... and dying to use it. Not sure how the workout schedule is going to work, but I suppose I perfectly prepared to flog him with a wet noodle so that I can use the treadmill first.

So in honour of our new piece of exercise equipment arriving this evening, I thought I would entertain you with a list of exercises we all can do..... even without the benefit of expensive equipment:

  • Trying to put an uncooperative cat in a cat carrier. Apparently I'm not the only one in the universe that has had difficulty with this. Check out this product (*Note: This is intended for those with a sense of humour about animal care and not for those that cry when a toy animal is injured): http://www.msgr.ca/msgr-9/Cats%20cat%20carrier%2001.jpg.


  • Leaving the GO Station parking lot in your car. If it isn't the gracious drivers that constantly cut you off, it's those wonderful people that won't let you in. Before you know it, you've spent 15 minutes in a dreadfully slow line-up of exiting cars, causing every muscle in your body to tense: PRESTO! Instant total body toning!


  • Laughing. Oh it really doesn't matter if you're laughing at something or someone.... or even if you just amuse yourself: it is still a bona fide abdominal workout.

Well... that's all I've got for now......enjoy your new workout!

No comments: